Who we are
Samif Limited T/A Taxiincambridge.co.uk (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and safeguarding your data and individual-level information in a secure, respectful and trustworthy manner.
This notice sets out how we will process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views, practices and processes regarding your personal data and how we will treat this information.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation, referred to collectively as ‘the Legislation’, the data controller is Samif Limited T/A Taxiincambridge.co.uk of 54 BRACKLEY ROAD BEDFORD MK42 9SH.
We are committed to, and fully compliant with all our statutory and legislative regulations (and our supporting in-house best practice guidelines) to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data relating to that of our customers, our staff and all associated third parties. Our processes and systems, both computer-based and paper-based, adhere to the standards set by the Legislation.
We ensure that our company servers, personal computers (PCs), laptops and company mobile devices are suitably secure for the purposes of our work with our customers and suppliers.
We have rigorous systems and safeguards in place which we underpin with in-house training and regular auditing of our IT systems to ensure that all sensitive commercial data and individual level information is shared only on a need-to-know basis, and to ensure that cyber threats are managed, mitigated, and eliminated.
Types of Information we Collect
We will use your personal and non-personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement entered into between you and us;
• To notify you about changes to our service;
• For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, or other malpractice;
• To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
• For audit and record keeping purposes;
• In connection with legal proceedings;
• We will also use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law;
• Collect information about the device you are using to view the website, such as your IP address or the type of internet browser or operating system you are using;
• To respond to your queries or comments.
Depending upon the nature of our relationship with you, we may collect different information and these differences are outlined below.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below. We do not knowingly set out to collect personal data, it is only provided to us by you by contacting us via our website www.taxiincambridge.co.uk (“our website”) , by phone or by email. Once collected, this data is only used to deliver the service and to respond to you, answer any questions you have. We do not collect sensitive data – financial, health or information about children. This does however include name, phone number, email etc. We collect and process the following information relating to our customers:
• Information collected includes information provided at the time of making bookings for our services or for any other reason if you need to make a complaint or report a problem with our site. Examples of information we collect from you are names, email address and telephone number and this is done at the point of creating an account with Taxiincambridge.co.uk;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us by telephone, your telephone call may be recorded;
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for security and compliance purposes;
• Additionally, we may collect non-personal information such as geographical location. This is collected as part of the services we provide and are not held for any other purpose. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service.
Employees and Drivers
We will collect information relevant to our legal obligations as an employer or as a contracted party for drivers and may include your name, phone number and email, in addition to address, bank account details, licencing information and information relating to criminal convictions, health information and other information as part of our screening and vetting processes.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered;
(b) to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
(c) to send you further information about goods or services that you buy from us
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is
required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements).
We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with
any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
Service user personal data will be retained for no more than three years following each use of our service, unless you exercise your rights highlighted below.
This relates to details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access will be stored, as will details of transactions you carry out through our app or website and of the fulfilment of your bookings. Under Private Hire Regulations, we are obliged to retain journey records for a period of 12 months as a condition of our contract. Similarly we are required to keep any complaint, lost property and account query records for the same period of time.
Call recordings are held for twelve months before being erased upon request.
Of course we will look to retain records for no longer than is necessary.
Your Data Subject Access Rights?
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our Data Protection Officer is Faizul Hussain and you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 01223 247 247 by phone.